We are delighted to be an Artsmark Partner, offering a diverse, fun, and accessible programme of arts activities for students all over the UK.
Global Grooves is based in Tameside, Greater Manchester. We deliver arts workshops nationally and internationally in music, dance, visual arts, youth leadership, CPD for teachers and staff, and much more.
Our workshops and longer-term study opportunities include bespoke training in a variety of global cultural forms, as well as a dedicated youth leadership course ‘Future Leaders’ – more detailed information can be found here [www.futureleaders.org.uk]. We also offer an adapted version of this course in a modular format for primary and secondary aged children.
As a new partner, we are excited to work more formally on an Artsmark programme with a school, though we have been working extensively for many years with schools around the UK to develop their strategic arts offer.
“Global Grooves have played a big part in broadening the understanding of our young people, and giving them new skills and experiences, for over 10 years. As BeatLife’s young people grow older and we maintain our commitment to continue giving them good musical experiences, Global Grooves has been a huge positive presence for us all.” Al Flooks, Music Coordinator, BeatLife
By exploring an Artsmark journey with Global Grooves, your school will link with our…
- Authentic lead artists with international training/experience/specialisms.
- Skilled youth mentors with strong pastoral focus embedded in all work.
- Lead management team with direct experience of carving a career path in the arts from enthusiastic teenagers to NPO arts directors.
- Focus on leadership and artistic excellence as well as well-being and individualised feedback/mentoring approach to allow everyone engaging with our work to excel on their own terms.
When is the offer /incentive available?
From today, onwards! Our flexible approach allows participation in all formats from one-off workshop/experience days, through to long term training courses and partnership relationships. To date, this has included:
- Ongoing opportunities for school workshops.
- Ongoing CPD and staff training opportunities.
- Ongoing school music services and arts programmes.
- Seasonal/one-off Carnival partnership opportunities within our schools/community programme.
- National and international partnerships (including links to global universities in Trinidad & Tobago, Singapore, and India.
Global Grooves carefully considers each workshop and course to explore where students and schools are starting from, and where they want to go. Our team consult with teachers and school staff to discuss the possibilities and delivery formats most appropriate to each school, including special considerations around behaviour, artistic/subject specialisms, gifted & talented students, SEN/D, and individual students’ hopes and dreams around further study.
In reference to the Quality Principles of the Artsmark programme:
- Striving for excellence and innovation – personalised progression routes and high quality tutors and activities.
- Being authentic – self-reflection, self-leadership, and knowledgeable specialist team across multiple art forms.
- Being exciting, inspiring and engaging – leading specialists with fun, accessible, and authentic delivery styles from around the globe.
- Ensuring a positive and inclusive experience – everyone welcomed, work differentiated, and specialist in house knowledge of SEN/D and behaviour to ensure maximum enjoyment, inclusion, and input from all students.
- Actively involving children and young people – tailored young artist development programmes and activities.
- Enabling personal progression – personalised mentoring, progression routes, and signposting taking into account individuals’ needs and ambitions.
- Developing belonging and ownership – encouraging self-reflection and input.
Our Culture Hub Profile can be found here:
How do schools access our offer?
Please make contact with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, asking for Holly Prest or Leon Patel.
A phone call or face-to-face meeting can be arranged to explore the exciting possibilities from there.