Global Grooves is an accredited Artsmark partner, offering a diverse, fun and accessible programme of arts activities for students all over the UK.
Our workshops and longer-term study opportunities include bespoke training in a variety of global cultural forms, as well as our dedicated youth leadership course, Future Leaders. We also offer an adapted version of this course in a modular format for primary and secondary aged children.
By exploring an Artsmark journey, your school will link with our:
- authentic lead artists with international training, experience and specialisms
- skilled youth mentors with strong pastoral focus
- lead management team with direct experience of carving a career path in the arts from enthusiastic teenagers to NPO arts directors
- focus on leadership and artistic excellence as well as wellbeing and individualised feedback/mentoring approach to allow everyone engaging with our work to excel on their own terms.
When is the offer available?
Our flexible approach allows participation in all formats, from one-off workshop/experience days, through to longer term training courses and partnership relationships.
To date, this has included:
- ongoing opportunities for school workshops
- ongoing CPD and staff training opportunities
- ongoing school music services and arts programmes
- seasonal/one-off Carnival partnership opportunities within our schools/community programme
- national and international partnerships, including links to global universities in Trinidad and Tobago, Singapore, and India.
Global Grooves carefully considers each opportunity to explore the level students and schools are starting from, and their aspirations and ambitions. Our team consult with teachers to discuss the possibilities and delivery formats most appropriate to each school, including special considerations around behaviour, artistic/subject specialisms, gifted and talented students, SEN/D, and individual students’ hopes and dreams around further study.
How do we adhere to the quality principles of the Artsmark programme?
- We strive for excellence and innovation, with personalised progression routes and high quality tutors and activities.
- We are authentic, with self-reflection, self-leadership, and knowledgeable specialist team across multiple art forms.
- We are exciting, inspiring and engaging. Our leading specialists have fun, accessible, and authentic delivery styles with knowledge from around the globe.
- We ensure a positive and inclusive experience. Everyone is welcome, with work differentiated, and specialist in-house knowledge of SEN/D and behaviour to ensure maximum enjoyment, inclusion, and input from all students.
- We actively involve children and young people, tailoring young artist development programmes and activities.
- We enable personal progression, with personalised mentoring, progression routes and signposting, taking into account individuals’ needs and ambitions.
- We develop belonging and ownership, encouraging self-reflection and input.
Our Culture Hub Profile can be found here.
How do schools access our offer?
Please make contact with our team at [email protected], asking for Holly Prest or Leon Patel. A phone call or face-to-face meeting can be arranged to explore the exciting possibilities from there.