Global Grooves is looking for two non-executive directors to join our board. This is an opportunity to get involved in the development of our vibrant artist-led Carnival arts organisation, based in Tameside, Greater Manchester.
It is a very exciting time for the organisation as Tameside’s only National Portfolio Organisation, especially with the ongoing Capital project and upcoming launch of our new Carnival Centre of Excellence for the North (based at The Vale in Mossley) alongside our Learning and Participation programme for 2020 and beyond.
We are looking for board members to support us, but also challenge us. New board members do not have to be currently working in the arts sector but ideally have an interest in, or passion for, the arts.
A bit about you…
- You will have an interest in people, communities, and what impact the arts can have in localities.
- You will have experience of decision making, being organised, and contributing at meetings.
- You may possess a specific area of expertise in the delivery or management of arts activities.
- You may have previous Board experience and feel you can bring additional insights and skills to our wider Global Grooves team.
- You may have a particular interest in activity in Tameside (not essential).
- Showcasing to clients our menu of commercial work, and building relationships with current and new partners leading to increased commercial bookings at festivals and events throughout the UK.
About Global Grooves
Global Grooves brings inspirational music and Carnival arts from around the world into communities across the UK. We are passionate about embracing authentic, diverse music and arts with integrity and respect, and to creating the environment for a flourishing, distinctive UK Carnival aesthetic. We deliver leadership development programmes, masterclasses, courses, creative consultancy and new commissions, engaging over 45,000 per annum as audiences and participants.
Our core aims are to:
- Strengthen and invigorate international percussion and Carnival in the UK.
- Support next generation musicians and artists.
- Support musicians and artists to develop inspirational new projects, in/with communities.
- Global Grooves is a Community Benefit Society (BenCom) with a current Board of 6 directors; 3 executive directors and a further 3 non-executive directors.
How to apply
To apply, please download the recruitment pack here and then email [email protected] with the requested information.
Closing date: midnight on 17 May 2020
Interview period: 20 – 22 May 2020
Interviews will be conducted via telephone or video conferencing.
The successful applicants will be notified by 26 May 2020.
Please respond to the application questions in the accompanying recruitment pack.
Return via email to [email protected] Type ‘Non-Executive Director application’ + ‘YOUR NAME’ in the subject line.
For any queries or to arrange a telephone call, please email [email protected]
Global Grooves is dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are excited to receive applications from the global majority.
We are committed to supporting and meeting the needs of people with learning difficulties or disabilities. If you require the application in a different format or have difficulty completing your application, please call or email us to discuss alternative options on 0161 870 6895.
If you would like to discuss any element of this position or the application process please email [email protected] with your questions or to arrange a telephone call.
Thank you for your interest, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please feel free to forward this opportunity to your networks.