Founded by Global Grooves in 2014, The Vale is a fantastic, friendly and community-focused arts and learning space in Mossley. Sited in a refurbished mill unit, our multi-use space offers everyone a high quality and regular programme of events and one off performances. If it’s losing yourself in a classic film event in our 60 seat cinema with Dolby 7.1 surround sound, enjoying family film time, learning creative skills, making music or buzzing from the energy of unique local and international live music and theatre events, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. We are very excited to offer this fantastic space for the community and we invite you to come and say hello and get involved. We believe the arts are for everyone and we’re passionate about sharing.
Previous events at The Vale have included;
Community arts and exhibitions
- ‘Chamada From Chico Mendes’; an interactive environmental Carnival digital installation from MetaCeptive
- A Crafty Brew; a weekly open art session for the local community
- A range of family cinema and craft experiences
- Mossley Light Festival 2016
- The Vale Music Ensemble; a 50 piece youth ensemble compromising multiple instruments and styles
- Incredible Plastic Street Band; weekly tuition group for 5-12 year olds to promote brass playing in the local area
- Carnival Club; a weekly percussion fix for 9-14 year olds
Courses and training
- Click; a digital and computer skills course for artists
- Percussion & dance master classes and courses
- Business and professional development for artists, cultural leaders, and volunteers
- Live music nights and an album launch
- Cinema screenings
- Theatre previews
- NT Live screenings
- Conference and training events
- Hot desking
- Meeting room
- Exhibition space
- Rehearsal space
- Performance space
- 60 seat cinema
- Mac suite
- Fundraising events
- Community group meetings
- Fitness classes
Find out about events coming up at The Vale here: www.the-vale.co.uk
Currently we have staff in the office from 10am – 5pm, Monday – Friday to answer enquiries. For our individual events, visit www.the-vale.co.uk
We are not currently wheelchair or disabled accessible.
What we've been up to!
The Incredible Plastic Street Band 2016
A brand new brass marching band for 5 – 12 year olds. Where young musicians discover hidden talents and extend their existing musical skills in their local community.
Kyla Brox - Live at The Vale
The Kyla Brox Band launched their 2016 Album ‘Throw Away Your Blues‘ at The Vale at our first ever sell out live music event. We transform our venue on a regular basis into an incredible and intimate performance venue supporting the best UK and International acts.
The Vale Music Ensemble 2015
Produced by Bangdrum CIC (our sister organisation), The Vale Music Ensemble was a Foundation for Youth Music funded project that offered young people in Greater Manchester the chance to come together and form a 50-piece mega band. During the project the young musicians had opportunity to work with internationally acclaimed music leaders, record their own CD and perform their final pieces live on stage at Band on the Wall, Manchester. The ensemble featured five key sub-groups of music: backline band, brass, vocal group, percussion and steel pan.