We welcome our associate artists and partners into our space to benefit from the skills, time, space, equipment and resources available to the Global Grooves family.
At its core Global Grooves exists to create the environment for Carnival arts, people and communities to thrive. This includes supporting the development, creation and exploration of Carnival and outdoor arts practice.
We are currently developing a system to formalise the various levels and types of support on offer and how associate artists and partners may be able to access Global Grooves and The Vale resources. This includes space usage, equipment, materials, mentoring, advice and training etc. More information will be announced over the coming months.
Until then, if you would like to request space usage or other support we ask that you fill in the form below in the first instance giving good time before your project start date so this can be considered and an agreement made.
Budget / In-kind space
Please bear in mind that space usage and other support often has a real-world costs and Global Grooves have a limited budget available to support projects from our wider network. This is currently amplified by the increased costs of energy, overheads and materials. Completely ‘in-kind’ space usuage will now not be offered. Instead we will offer space on a ‘peppercorn rate’ basis.
If space / resources are requested on a peppercorn rate basis, this will only be offered to those projects that most closely align with our vison, mission and values. Some reporting and/or evaluation may be requested if appropriate.
This is likely to include but not limited to projects that have synergy with at least one of our following priorities;
- Projects that engage our local community
- Projects that include development opportunities for other artists or young people
- Projects that promote or support the development of underrepresented artforms or artists
- Projects that have a final output opportunity for The Vale (such as exhibits or performances presented here).
- Projects that have in-kind returns for Global Grooves / The Vale
- Projects that are designed to support your own practice, and will have a transformative impact on your professional development.
- Projects that are strategically important to the cultural sector either locally, regionally, nationally or internationally.
- Projects that have high social Impact
Please note that If you are working on commercial events, private commissions, grant funded projects we would expect that in your budgeting you have allowed a provision for overheads such as space hire and resources.
If you are working on a paid commission or grant funded project of over £1,000 it is unlikely that space on a pepperccorn rate basis will be offered. We would expect at least some contribution towards overhead costs such as electricity, gas and consumables.
Although for some projects a peppercorn rate may not be offered, we will still offer our associate artists and selected partners preferential rates to support the development of new work. Where possible we will try our best to work within your budget.
Examples of why a peppercorn rate may not be offered;
- Work creation for commercial events, private commissions, grant funded projects etc.
- Projects that have no artistic, creative or social output.
In these instances, the assumption is that there should typically be budget provisions for overheads such as space hire, resources etc when designing a project. Depending on the scale of the project, we would expect the minimum contribution to cover electricity, gas and consumables.
We request and are grateful that, where possible, you discuss the proposed project with us in advance or during the negotiation stages with funders, commissioners and partners so we can confirm that we can cater for, and meet any timelines, budgets or other considerations/needs.
Please fill in the short form below with your support request and one of the team will be in contact soon. Please be as specific as you can. Include where possible proposed dates, times, resources, equipment, space, team expertise / time etc