1. WHAT IS THE FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAMME?
Future Leaders is an innovative international training programme within the Carnival Arts sector, providing access to professional practice, skills and knowledge within music, dance and visual arts for youngartists aged 12-25. The course is free (funded by Arts Council England, the National Foundation for Youth Music and OMBC), with only a small contribution encouraged from each Future Leader, raised through personal sponsorship and entrepreneurial spirit.
During the programme, young artists will:
• Enjoy exciting residential training with like-minded artists and industry specialists.
• Make new friends, gain confidence, and enjoy exploring their art form with others.
• Meet guest speakers and specialists who will share their stories and advice.
• Work with an inspirational arts mentor to identify and achieve their goals.
• Get connected to a growing international network of driven young artists.
Previous participants benefitted greatly from an outstanding array of tutors, workshops, presentations and discussions in a motivating and inspirational format, involving a strong curriculum covering an essential range of genres and approaches to the subject. We believe that investing in the next generation of young artists is crucial to ensuring a happy and healthy arts culture, both locally and globally.
2. WHEN, WHERE, AND HOW TO APPLY
WE ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAMME IS SET TO RUN AGAIN ON THE FOLLOWING DATES FOR 2018/19:
Residential 1 – Mon 29th Oct to Sun 4th Nov 2018 (one week)
Residential 2 – Fri 7th Dec to Sun 9th Dec 2018 (weekend)
Residential 3 – Fri 1st Feb to Sun 3rd Feb 2019 (weekend)
Residential 4 – Mon 8th Apr to Sun 14th Apr 2019 (one week)
We are looking for 40 new applicants from around the UK aged 12-25 in music, dance, and visual arts. Residentials will take place at The Castleshaw Centre in Oldham (OL3 5LZ).
3. FINDING POTENTIAL FUTURE LEADERS
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT A YOUNG ARTIST 12-25 WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM:
– PERSONALISED TRAINING
– MENTORING AND RESIDENTIAL TRIPS
– JOINING A NETWORK OF UK/INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS?
Help us to find these young artists and allow them the choice to get training and access to opportunities they can massively benefit from (and take skills back to their own communities and groups).
ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO APPLY IS AVAILABLE ATWWW.FUTURELEADERS.ORG.UK
4. JOIN OUR TEAM FOR 2018/19
COULD YOU BE ONE OF OUR PARTNER ORGANISATIONS, MENTORS, GUEST ARTISTS, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TUTORS, OR GUEST SPEAKERS? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN OUR BRAND NEW WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT STRAND, OFFERING BESPOKE OPPORTUNITIES TO JOIN OUR TEAM TO GAIN EXPERIENCE OF DELIVERING TOP-NOTCH ARTS PROGRAMMES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PARTNERSHIP ORGANISATIONS, MENTORS, LEAD ARTISTS, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALISTS, GUEST SPEAKERS, AND SHADOWING ARTISTS TO JOIN OUR TEAM. TO FIND OUT MORE, CONTACT US [email protected]
If any of these opportunities interest you, get in touch!
0161 870 6895
We look forward to hearing from you!