Don’t wait for change – connect with a local and global community and make it happen!
Global Grooves invites people 18+ to complete the prestigious British Council Active Citizens training programme in Tameside.
The Active Citizens programme brings people together to learn from and share with each other. This amazing free training will motivate and inspire you to turn your ideas into social action projects to benefit the community. We expect a good mix of people of all ages, backgrounds and experience to be involved. No previous experience is required.
“I’ve learned so much about myself and my community. This will change how I approach my community work in the future.’ Global Grooves Active Citizen, 2018.
Active Citizens training will:
- Develop understanding of identity, culture, community and methods of effective dialogue
- Connect you to a global network of like-minded people
- Plan social action projects together
Active Citizens is ideal for:
- Volunteers and staff in community groups and orgs
- Civic representatives, students, youth council members, community development workers etc.
- Creatives interested in arts, culture and social change
Active Citizens will attend for two weekends:
September: Fri 13th,(6–8pm), Sat 14th & Sun 15th (9:30–4:30pm)
October: Fri 18th (6-8pm), Sat 19th & Sun 20th (9:30–4:30pm)
Global Grooves, The Vale, Micklehurst, Mossley OL5 9JL.
Global Grooves is a Carnival arts organisation that creates the environment for positive change in communities. We invest in people and their passion to create a fairer society.
DEADLINE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Friday 6th September, 2019
Email [email protected] or phone 0161 870 6895 to register your interest
This enjoyable, interactive programme will develop your skills through 4 modules.You will need to attend both weekends and complete four modules to complete the course.
- We’ll explore our understanding of identity, beliefs and attitudes
- Learn methods of dialogue as a tool for building trust and understanding.
- Develop an understanding of ‘community’, look at your community and who to engage to achieve your objects and
- Work together to plan social action projects
International Study Visits (ISV)
The majority of the training will be delivered locally in Mossley. However the group will host a visit by active citizens from the UK and abroad and they will meet local groups in Tameside who are making a positive impact. Global Grooves will nominate up to two people to attend a week-long visit in the UK or abroad, also visiting community projects to learn how others are working. ISVs are a small but important part of the learning, connecting you to global networks and inspiring change locally.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Participants will be part of a global programme that’s been delivered in 75 countries worldwide by the British Council and is in its 10th year of delivery.